11.6.11

[family: Ryan, Kristi & Family.]

A number of months ago, a friend approached me.  She wondered if I would consider donating a portrait package to a charity that she was involved in.  Now - I probably do a few too many of these things ("honey - I'm not getting paid for this one ... " I say, while my hubby smiles and rolls his eyes.) - but being able to give back is a really wonderful thing.  I'm grateful to be able to do something that others find value in ... 

So, of course, I said "yes".  *smile*.

Whenever I donate, I never know who's going to be my client.  I usually get an email, or a tentative phonecall ... wondering the hows/wheres/whens/whats ... 

I got a phonecall from Kristi and immediately I knew that this was going to be great.  She wanted to take advantage of her out-of-town family being around ... it was a big deal: her husband was finishing up medical school at UBC.


She hadn't realized that I lived out in the valley, and I hadn't realized her family was close to UBC.  It was a long drive from my home ... over 2hrs - mainly because of afternoon traffic.  But when I got there, it was calm and easy - this was a great group of people - and a very special photoshoot for certain.  Family had come from all over Canada to celebrate and cheer Ryan on ...






This was a great opportunity to have photos taken - and it was so relaxed.  This wasn't about having different "backgrounds" and cool poses.  No .., this photoshoot was simply about family and the relationships in it.   That was what was important ...

And having photos with children is always interesting.  Their youngest daughter, Nyomi, was suffering from an earache - poor little thing .., although her big sister, Saidi, was pretty excited about the chocolate bribes that came out *grin* ...









And as we stood in the green belt,  rotating groups around,  Ryan didn't want to be in every photo ... this wasn't all about him *grin*.








Kristi - I'm so glad that you chose to bid at the charity auction ... I had a wonderful evening with you and your lovely family ... thank you for trusting me with such important pics.  And I wish you and your family much blessing as you begin this next stage of Ryan's medical journey.

For all enquiries, please contact me at my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch."  Thanks!

** please note that images uploaded to this site are very LOW resolution, as this site doesn't allow for large file uploads.  PLEASE refrain from printing these images. **

No comments:

Post a Comment