28.2.11

[family: Terry, Kerry & Family]

Just the week prior, I had been helping at our church's Women's Retreat.  It was a great weekend away, and I had been busy helping with the music and also teaching a small photography workshop.  Kerry had been there that weekend, and by the time I had gotten home and checked my work emails - there was one from Kerry.

She was hoping to get a family photoshoot in quickly - as her daughter was expecting her own little girl in a few short weeks.  This wasn't a photoshoot that could be put off ... the baby would come with or without me capturing it ... So, book it - we did.  

This family was full of easy-teasing - and it was a lovely thing to capture the candid-style images Kerry had wanted of her family ... 




... the trickier thing was trying to get a posed photo with them all looking and not talking with each other *laughing* ...







... they were much more at ease, just being with each other ... rather than worrying about me and smiling for my camera.



Terry and Kerry are originally from back east - and actually from all over - but eventually settled on the Coast.  They had been a part of a church in the city, but have been faithfully attending the same church as myself for over a decade.

I love taking photos of "parents" ... as one myself, I know that it's far more common to have photos of the kids, rather than of yourselves ... 





Christina glowed ...


... and Patrick.  Well - a 15 year old guy tends to hate these kinds of things.  But he was obliging *grin* and by the end ... I actually think he didn't mind my shutter at all.






... this series of images are my favourite of the bunch.  Big sister.  Little brother.  Love.





A big "thank you" to Terry and Kerry ... and also to Christina and Patrick *wink* ... for hanging out with me and my camera.  It was such a pleasure getting to know you during our shoot ... and hey - see you on Sunday *wink*!!

For all enquiries, please visit my RedHanded Photography site and click "get.in.touch".  Or you can email me directly at tania@redhandedphotography.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment