20.9.10

[newborn: Hudson]

I love watching a family grow.

I had met DJ and Sheri a number of weeks back, when I shot their maternity shoot.  Instantly, I liked them. You know what I mean?  I really liked them ... they were so kind to each other, so up for "anything", so smile-y and happy.

Really liked them.

And I had been waiting for the call.  All maternity clients know that I like to capture their newbie within the first 5 days ... and her due-date was on my calendar.  And so I waited.


Well, this little guy wasn't going to come easily.  With high blood pressure, and labour not moving along quickly enough, Hudson came via a C-section ... perfect, beautiful little Hudson.


They didn't know he was going to be a boy ... although DJ is pretty certain it's all because he had hoped to have a little guy to take out onto the farm.  And Hudson's grandpa was happy to create this little guy's very own "specialty" truck ... and we thought it was pretty darn cool.



I love taking pics of newbies, but I have to say - it's pretty stressful.  You never know what the baby is going to be like, what mood, how tired, how finicky ... but this little guy was a Saint.  And it certainly helped that it was 35C (well, maybe not exactly) in the livingroom *grin* ... the warmest shoot ever.


And my favourite part of every newbie shoot?  When everyone's together.  I love the interaction of the parents, the new love, the total captivation ... 









And with DJ and Sheri living on a local farm, their home was the perfect backdrop to capture these special moments.






DJ and Sheri, you are so blessed.  Not only with each other, but with this precious gift that God has given you.  You are going to be rockin' parents, and you know who to call for the first-birthday-cake-smashing-pics *grin* ... 

For all enquiries, please contact myself at RedHanded Photography and click "contact".  There are currently openings for November 2010, and spring of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment