4.8.11

[family: Jeff, Val & Family.]

Three boys ... now that's a lot of testosterone.  And a lot of fun.

Val emailed me a few months ago, hoping to set up a summer shoot for her family, and I was so on board.  We chose Port Kells park and I started snapping almost immediately.  Their three boys - Joshua, Levi and Jacob - were so full of personality, and were instantly hamming it up for the camera.








I remember these three guys when they were toddlers - running around our church - so this shoot was actually really special to me.  It reminded me that our kids are only kids for so long - they sure grow up fast.






We wandered through the park, stopping here and there for pics.  Each family member mingling with another - different playfights breaking out, different fits of laughter, different random hugs ... 



Jeff and Val have been married for thirteen years, and when I asked to have them on their own for a few minutes for some "just them" pics, it was so sweet at how funny they thought the whole thing was.  I mean, people always feel self conscious with a camera in their face - but these two hadn't had photos like this done in far too long *smile* ... 





I love family photos that are relaxed and show each member's personality ... and I often coach the family along ... with these three boys, it was so easy - they leapt at every moment where they didn't have to be "cheshire cats" smiling into my lens ... they were much more at ease with interacting with each other ...  I never knew what was going to happen *grin*. 







... and hey - boys will be boys.  *grin*



And I'm always amazed at what people do when I say, "ok ... on the count of three ... ".  And my favourite pose to date - Jacob with his head down.  I was laughing ... crazy hard.



Jeff, Val ... spending time with your family was such a treat.  You have raised three fine young men :-) ... and I so enjoyed getting to know each of them.  Thank you so much for choosing me to capture your family with my camera.

For all enquiries, please head over to my RedHanded Photography website HERE and click "get.in.touch".  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment