9.11.11

[maternity: Joel, Angie & Kidlets. Pt1.]

Angie and I had emailed back and forth - and this was a woman who knew what she wanted: maternity pics with her and her family before it was too late, and the little one made their debut. 

Well.  She came to the right place.

And she and her family were so accommodating - because as soon as the weather turned, I called her up and said, "I know it's a week early - but are you up for it?"  And it worked out just perfectly.



We headed to the Derby Reach Heritage Area ... where the biggest, most fantastic barn is.  Lately, I've done a lot of shoots here - and in fact, had my own family shoot done here a couple of weeks ago.    I love the colour of the wood, the simple back drop and the way the lines of the boards seem to go on forever ... 

The pumpkins were a little idea that I had ... I mean - it was October, so not really a genius idea, but a good one just the same *grin*.


... and I love how Jakob dropped the pumpkin *grin*.  They were pretty heavy and he was being such a good sport.


Now ... I NEVER looked like this when I was pregnant.  Angie absolutely glowed.  And she was truly happy ... This may be their last - and so she really wanted to document this very special time in her life.  And I love how it was a family/maternity shoot ... you can see how special this family is ... 






Joel and Angie attend the same church as me, except at a different campus.  I've had the pleasure of working with Joel in the music department at his campus in recent years - and although our paths don't cross often, it's easy to see that these are two great people ... 



Their kids were so well behaved and didn't seem to mind my camera poking in their faces *grin*.  Little Rayah was quiet and strong. You can see it in her eyes ... 


Jakob was quick to find something fun to do - and not afraid to try different things in front of the camera.   And like most brothers, he loved to smile and tease his little sister.  She liked it too ... 



... and then Rayah had had enough ...


There's so much more to show - so be sure to come back tomorrow for more from this photoshoot! 

For all enquiries, please head to my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch."  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment