8.9.10

[wedding: Dave & Courtney]

Oh.  Oh.  OHHHH.  This couple.  Man - just typing their NAMES makes me smile ... 

Right from the get-go, I knew that they would do things differently.  They hired me months ago, and all correspondence was via email.  With them living out of the province,  we tried to meet for engagement shots when they came to town - but with so much going on, it just never worked out.

So the first time I ever laid eyes on these two, was the day BEFORE the wedding.  Talk about making me nervous!  I had no clue what they would be like, what they wanted, how their relationship with me would be.  And it took me about two seconds to realize that THIS was going to be a match made in Heaven.  Not only for them, but for all of us *grin*.

For me, Dave and Courtney's day started at the hotel with Courtney and her girls.  It was super calm, and there was such great conversation between them all.  Laughing, complimenting, reminiscing ... all while getting their hair and make up done.  Sounds like a great morning to me ...




Courtney had chosen the most incredible shade of purple ... and it set the mood for a stunning day with some of the greatest people ever ...





Dave was so ready for this day ... full of smiles and it was so obvious that he knew this day was going to be the greatest day of his life.  Nerves?  Nope.  Not him ... 



And while he was keeping himself busy, Courtney was doing the same ... 



... and the ceremony was breathtaking.  I'm sure you'll agree.












The after the ceremony, we did family pics at the speed of light.  Moms, Dads, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents ... seriously.  Super fast ... and pain-free *grin*.  Then off to Fort Langley for some bridal party pics and, of course, pics of the new Mr. and Mrs.









I always try and capture the essence of the moment ... but in these pics, what you can't see is the craziness going on behind the scenes with the bridal party, the cat-calls, the laughing done in-between - oh, and during - each photo.  Seriously ... it was so fun, and this couple was so at ease, so in love ...






Their reception was equally stunning - and full of their own touches - like arriving in a totally jacked golf cart ... having a candy table ... a time of prayer and blessing ... an open mic (when ANYthing can happen ...).  Every moment was all about them ... the perfect way to celebrate.






... and I love a grandpa who isn't afraid of requesting for great-grandchildren *GRIN* ...





Dave.  Courtney.  Thrilled that you allowed me to come and hang with you all day ... not only are you great people individually, you are perfection together.  I know that God's hand will be on you both with  every step ... 

For all enquiries, please contact me at Redhanded Photography and click "contact".  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. There could be no more beautiful a cathedral than where this couple was married! Gorgeous! Great job capturing the wedding ceremony and all that grandeur of the forest, Tania! I also really love the photo of husband & wife under her veil with those big smiles!

    ReplyDelete