12.7.11

[weddings: Sam & Lana - Part III ]

So this is Sam and Lana's FINAL wedding post.  I promise.  Not like you want it to end - I know.  But I've got other posts too *grin* ... 

Their reception?  So lovely.  It was held in a white, high pitched tent with simple parchment balls hovering over the tables ... There were grassy centre pieces and their "thank you" was a SNL button ... a few guests even sported it on their lapel for the evening *grin* ... 




And the "tiki" bar ... did you get this? "Give to a good cause" with the sunshine logo?  Would me you feel good to toss a few coins in the buckets while you cooled off, no?  Yeah ... the SALBAHF was the "SamAndLanaBeerAndHoneymoonFund".  A cause you could feel good about2 giving to for sure *grin* ... 


Then there was the pie.  Homemade pie ... courtesy of the Pie Lady.  Well ... Pie Genius, is what I liked to call her ... a friend of Lana's made a pie buffet for the reception.  It was incredible.  Blueberry.  Apple.  Rhubarb.  And the way they "named" their pies?  Highly entertaining ... 



... in true Vancouver-style ...  because the Stanley Cup final was only a couple weeks earlier ... 


... I thought they were genius ...




The reception was a casual gathering, with a burger BBQ, yummy salads ... lovely toasts and the cozy hum of conversations ... 



The burgers were DIVINE.  Thanks, Vera's Burger Shack for the pick-me-up ...  and for making this wedding personal, home-felt and yummy ... 








... the speeches were from the heart - and prepared *grin* ...





There wasn't an agenda ... no cake cutting, no "first dance" ... it was the reception that Sam and Lana really wanted.  One with lots of laughter and a few happy tears *smile* ... 





And the big finale?  Launching t-shirts into the crowd with a t-shirt bazooka.  Is that what it's called?  If not, it should be ... it was impressive *GRIN* ... made me kinda wish I had thought of it for my own wedding *wink* ... 






Sam, Lana ... wow.  It was such a privilege to be included in such a fantastic celebration.  But more than your day, it really was so lovely just to meet YOU.  I just loved hanging with you and those you love ... I've never laughed so much at "work" *grin* - and this wedding will always be one of the very "special" ones.

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your incredible day.

And for all enquiries, please contact me by going to my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch".   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment