28.6.11

[newborn: Milo.]

Milo has a big sister ... Chloe.   And an even bigger brother, Jayden.

But Milo is who he is all on his own ... and on the day that his mom and I met for newborn pics, little Milo really wasn't interested (don't you just LOVE his name??).  He had been up most of the night, making his mom ache for some rest - and his own little body refused to settle down.  He was just a few days old and was just trying to figure this thing called "life" out ...

His mom was so gracious ... having a baby scream regardless of feeding, cuddling, cooing, burping, changing ... you just need to go with the flow.

So. 

This is Milo's photoshoot *grin* ... Well.  Part of his first one ... 





Every photo, Milo screamed.   No matter what we did.

So.  Jamie and I decided that it'd be best to come back ... she'd let me know if mornings or afternoons were working better for Milo and we'd be sure to capture the perfectness of their little man.  

With other photoshoots and commitments, it was tricky - but I made my way back a few days later.  So ... Milo was just a week old, but as any mom knows, by the time week one is done - babies tend to stretch out, instead of curl up ... they discover "space" and that they can move and flail.  This can be tricky for cuddly looking photos ... especially if the baby was already past due when they were born ... 

And Nick and Jamie had decided this wasn't to be a "family" photoshoot - which is what I often do with newborns ... babies and their parents and siblings is a lovely way to document the first few days of life.  I love capturing "normal" things, as apposed to staged.  I love seeing the "love" through my lens.  But when it comes to newborns, most moms just want to remember the littleness of their bundle ... And with sleep being at a bare minimum for her, all Jamie wanted was one sleeping image of her little guy ... 



*laughing* ... well this little guy was determined not to sleep.  And he wasn't grumpy - just awake, much to his mother's amazement.  She was trying to figure out how a newborn could be awake for 5 straight hours ... *grin*.  


I told her not to worry ... and I let her attend to her other kids while I rocked and swaddled her little bundle.  He drifted off ... and then I delicately tried to pose him on my baby-bean-bag and he would wake up and cry.   So ... I bundled him up again - loosely this time - rocked him, cooed him ... and he fell asleep.  Quietly I set him down ... and BAM.  He was awake and not terribly impressed.

Jamie and I just smiled ... he was not going to co-operate with us, so we needed to co-operate with him *grin*.  She bundled him up and held him close ... his little face relaxed and he was off to never-never land again ... 

This time, I was able to get my camera ...








And Jamie has her own stay-at-home business called "Chloe's Bowtique" ... a place where little girls can get their fancy on with barrettes, tutus ... and now top hats *grin*.  Once Milo was asleep, we were giggling at how cute he was with this little prop ... 


Jamie (and you too, Nick *grin*) ... I have watched you grow as an incredible family.  You are blessed and highly favoured with three healthy, lovely children.  And as you adjust to a new little personality in the home, I pray you will have much rest ... and much laughter *smile*.

Love you guys.

For all enquiries, please contact me at my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch."   Thanks!

2 comments: