20.1.11

[newborn: Caleb Daniel]

There is SO much going on with RedHanded Photography right now ... I've been working like a crazy-person on my NEW website.  Man-oh-man ... am I excited about this!!  But the details are making me cross-eyed ... so I'm trying to be patient and hold off launching it before it's just perfect.  We shall see ... 

Speaking of perfect, do you remember Ben & Vanessa?  A completely beautiful couple, and now a beautiful threesome - and I was privileged enough to be chosen to take new little Caleb Daniel's first family pics ... 

Oh the wrinkly goodness ... 


I arrived at their stunning town-home, I climbed the three sets of stairs to their sunlit bedroom where Ben was laying with his new son.  The room was full of soft music, and it was warm ... very warm.  Perfect for a new little guy ...




One of my favourite parts of the shoot was when little Caleb needed a diaper change ... Watching Ben and Vanessa was just the SWEETest thing.  They already had designated jobs ... Ben was to quickly change Caleb, while Vanessa sang "Jesus Loves Me" while playing a rainstick.  Yup.  You read correctly ... a RAINstick.  Their traveling adventures had paid off - and Caleb was completely soothed by the calming sounds ...



Being a local photographer herself, Vanessa was more than able to take stunning pics of her little guy.  But as all of us moms know, the trick is to get OURSELVES in the photo.  That never seems to happen.  So, I made sure that this mother-son team was completely documented.  It almost made me want to have another one ... almost.






... I love taking these kinds of pics.  But there needed to be a few posed ones too *smile* ...





And a few family ones ... of course.



The entire shoot took place in their new home ... and it seemed as though Caleb just knew that's where he was.  The hour-and-a-bit just flew by ... And the greatest compliment?  When the shoot was finished Ben looked at me and said, "Thanks - we really needed that."  The session was a perfect break from the hustle of the last few days ... Wow.  That was the best thing he could've ever said ...


Ben and Vanessa ... what a beautiful couple you are - and now a perfect little family.  I have no doubts that you are going to be incredible parents to wee Caleb and I wish you much rest, much joy and much wisdom as you raise him.  Thank you so much for entrusting me to be a part of such an incredible time in your lives ... be blessed.


... for all enquiries, please contact me by going to my RedHanded Photography website and click "Contact".  Fill out the suggested information and I'll be sure to be in touch!  Please note:  the site is in the process of being completed renovated ... if you find any glitches, simply email me directly at tania@redhandedphotography.com . There shouldn't be any issues - but JUST in case!  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. These are incredible! Great work, Tawn!

    Baby Caleb is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light rings just behind them, that's a great trick to draw my eye in... though all those smooshy little newborn wrinkles just about did my heart in [melt]. Great photos, Tania!

    ReplyDelete