27.11.11

[weddings: Garey & Chelsea.]

As a little preface, I just want to say that both Garey and Chelsea are private people.  They have agreed to let me share these images with you (namely those who come here to specifically to view images of people they know and love) - but they have had specific requests on what I was permitted to share online.

Because of this - there are images that I love from this session, that I cannot share.  And that's ok *smile*.  I just wanted to put that out there ... in case you were thinking that something "important" was missing from the images ... 

Ok ... let's get started.


I went to Jr. High with Chelsea ... which is just so incredibly fantastic as this is my 2nd "Jr. High Friend" wedding I've done this fall ... Chelsea, Mat and I all classed together - and when her and Garey decided that they needed a photographer for her special day ... she emailed me.

Yay!


I met Garey and Chelsea at the newly renovated Rosewood Hotel Georgia in the heart of downtown Vancouver.  It really was truly spectacular and I really, really loved seeing that Chelsea kept true to herself on this special day.  I hadn't seen her in years, but she was as stunning and classic as I would have imagined her to have been ... 






The ceremony was a civil service, dotted with personal touches such as a vocal jazz number and a special reading.  It was not stuffy or formal - despite the perfect setting.  Garey had no problem being witty and making his guests feel right at home, while Chelsea looked relaxed and calm.




I loved this.  Both Chelsea and Garey had one of their grandparents sign as witnesses for them.  
 

After the ceremony, Garey & Chelsea mingled with guests, while some chose to have a bite to eat at the fabulous spread laid out for them. 



Garey, Chelsea and I - however - were chauffeured to a nearby alleyway.  It was pouring with rain - and we didn't have much time at all.  This lovely couple really wanted to be with their guests, not parade around the city looking for new and inventive ways to have their photos taken.  They simply wanted a few shots snapped, and then they wanted to head right back to the party ... after all - it was THEIR party *grin*.









So, after about 20 minutes, we headed back to the hotel - where Garey and Chelsea really wanted a city scape image taken with the hotel sign in the background.  With their 40's inspired-style, I loved how they turned out ... 






Then off to their reception ... The location was 5-star in both design and in quality.  The food was exceptional and it was obvious that the guests were thoroughly enjoying the party that the bride and groom were hosting.


The hired music was also brilliant ... and it didn't take long to get the kiddies out on the dance floor.  But first  ... a father/daughter dance.  And a mother/son dance ... 



Chelsea, Garey ... what an honour to be included in such a fabulously planned day.  It was so personal and full of love.  And even despite the rain - it all worked out perfectly.  I'm certain you'll look back on this day, knowing it really was ... perfect. 

Thank you for letting me be a part of it (insert cheering here ...).  *GRIN*.

For all enquiries, please contact me by heading to my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch." .  Thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment