8.11.11

[family: Shamus, Tanya and Family.]

During the few days of incredible weather in October, I was literally bombarded with emails from families wanting photoshoots done.  I love that.  I mean - it means work, sure.  But it also means hanging out with great people and doing what I love ... 

Shamus emailed me ... "wondering if there's any chance of getting a photoshoot done in the next few weeks ... "  - or something close to that *grin*.  

As I often say - being hired by those I don't know, is one thing.  Being hired by people I do know - such a great compliment.


Shamus and I grew up together at the same church.  He was a couple of years younger than me - but our circles crossed a few times (ok Shamus - if you're reading this ... you're probably smiling).  

Yeah.  Ok ... I kinda dated a friend of his one summer.  There.  I said it.  *smile*.




Shamus and Tanya, and their beautiful family, attend the same church as my own. They're in the 10+years-married club and this may sound cheeky - but I love getting married couples to pose together.  It's usually a time where they feel kinda silly - as most couples haven't had a photo done since their wedding ... 


... I love it, because it's usually the guy that buckles and gets the giggles.  That was exactly what happened with Shamus and Tanya.   Shamus couldn't hold the smiles in ... 


Their three kids - Tyerel, Ava and Kirsten - are such great kids - which shows what great parents Shamus and Tanya are.   The three kids made this shoot really easy on me - with little Kirsten loving "stealing the show".  And we were all very happy to have her go right on ahead and steal it *grin* ... 






I love this one ...




Kirsten's smile is contagious ...




Shamus and Tanya brought their two dogs.  Dogs are always interesting during photoshoots.  I never really know what I'm going to get.  Dogs are like kids - really unpredictable.  They can cause distractions - mainly wandering eyes during the shoot, as family members worry about their pet running off ... 

But their irish setter was SUCH a perfect dog.  Without him, these photos with Kirsten would never have happened *smile* ... 



We headed down to the water - and as this was a morning shoot, and a cloudless day, the sun was bright and made the landscape look like a painting ...


What a good looking family ...





Shamus, Tanya - it was so great to spend the morning with you.  You should be so proud of the family you have together ... thank you so much for choosing me to take your photos.  I look forward to bumping into you on Sunday *grin* ... 

For all enquiries, please head over to my RedHanded Photography site HERE and click "get.in.touch".  Thanks!!






No comments:

Post a Comment